Terms and conditions
These Terms and conditions describe the most important details; please make sure to read them before submitting an order. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about the dresses or the process: we are always ready to help.
- If you have any non-standard requests, be it production time or dress modifications – please contact us prior to submitting the order . In some cases we may need to create a customized listing just for you.
- Before placing the order please read these Terms and conditions; they describe the most important details. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about the dresses or the process: we are always ready to help.
- Submit the order through the website and make payment.
- If you chose standard size, no further action is required: we will start working on your dress right after receiving the payment. In case of custom size, we will send you a measuring guide with detailed instructions and illustrations for each measurement. See more in the sizing section.
Each dress can be made in standard or custom size:
In most cases we recommend choosing the ‘custom’ size option. This does not increase the price but gives some valuable benefits, especially if your body type is not exactly ‘standard’.
Our dresses are truly custom – unlike most brands we not simply adjust existing standard sizes, but engineer each dress from a blank page using advanced tailoring techniques and your individual parameters. This helps achieve best fit and comfort, and minimize alterations that may be required. After your order is placed we will send you a form with the measurements we need for the chosen design, and illustrated instructions on how to take them.
In most cases custom sized dresses arrive ready to wear. Please note however that custom size does not automatically imply a 100% ‘zero alterations guarantee’ – simply because we rely only on third-party measurements, do not see you in person and cannot have an intermediate try-on. So sometimes a dress may require final on-site adjustments. This is a normal routine for any wedding dress, no matter where you buy it. We recommend organizing your schedule in a way to have at least a few weeks for any possible alterations.
For standard sizes please refer to the size chart in the product information section. For A-line and similar dresses important parameters are bust and waist circumference, while for fitted dresses hips circumference is also important.
If you choose standard size, we will additionally require the following information:
- your bra cup size – to make sure that a correct cup is put into the dress;
- your height – to make sure that the dress will have enough length.
If you need to modify anything compared to the base design, please let us know before placing the order. We are open to discuss your wishes and work out the best solution. Modifications may involve extra charges – depending on the required amount of work and material costs.
Important notice: we strongly suggest keeping to the standard design, as you see it in our catalog pictures and videos. Please request modifications only if you really need them and are sure that they will look flattering for you.
Standard time to make a dress (not including delivery time) is 10 weeks , unless otherwise is mentioned for a specific product. This time is counted from the date when we receive both your order and all measurements that we need.
In case some of the measurements need double-checking on your side, the production period may be extended respectively for the time required to provide additional information.
- Rush orders: Please contact us if your situation requires shorter production times; we will do our best to help you.
- In-stock and sample dresses: Please allow us 5 business days to prepare your order for shipping.
For DHL Express (standard method for dresses) typical delivery time is 5-10 days depending on your location.
For smaller items shipped with regular mail delivery may take up to 2-4 weeks.
These estimations are based on our experience. Exact delivery time may vary depending on the carrier, your location and other order-specific circumstances.
Import duties and taxes
In many countries you may be required to pay local import taxes/duty on overseas purchases. Usually, the paperwork is done by the carrier and you just receive a link to pay the taxes.
Please note that this is not a shipping fee. These charges are imposed by the local government, we have no control over them and cannot predict their exact amount. Please check the local regulations before placing your order.
Cancellations and returns
A regular (non rush) order can be cancelled for any reason within 2 weeks after the purchase. In this case the cancellation fee (15% of the order amount) will be charged to cover the cost of administration, material allocation, pattern development, transaction fees and taxes and other non-refundable expenses.
After 2 weeks (14 calendar days) pass the order is too far in production and cannot be cancelled. Terms of return will apply depending on the item being standard or customized (see below).
Rush/priority orders, orders for samples or ready accessories cannot be cancelled.
In case of a genuine manufacturing defect
We pay great attention to quality. Before being shipped each dress passes quality control, being thoroughly checked for quality of fabric and workmanship. For made to measure orders we also check every dress for compliance with the customer’s measurements.
We bear full responsibility for our work and in the (unlikely) case of a manufacturing defect will do everything required to fix that. Claims are accepted within 7 calendar days of you receiving the order. Please send us a detailed description of the issue in email and support it with detailed photos and a quality video.
The primary solution will be fixing the defect or replacement of the item. Depending on the situation, we also may offer you other options. Please expect that in some cases, when the defect or the origin of the defect are unclear, we may need to receive the dress for examination before making the decision.
Unconditional returns: dresses in standard size and design
If you changed your mind about a gown that you ordered in standard size and design, without any customizations, it can be returned on the following conditions:
- You must notify us of your decision within 7 calendar days after receiving the gown. We will get in touch asap to discuss options for shipping and provide you with the address and other details. All expenses for the reverse postage are yours to cover.
- A return fee of 40% will be applied.
- The returned dress must arrive in original condition and have all tags in place. It must not have any tears, rips, signs of makeup, stains, and must not have been worn, altered, cleaned or washed.
- Reverse shipping documents for the parcel must properly describe the item as ‘goods returned to seller’ (and not ‘gift’, ‘sample’, ‘commercial item’ etc.), unless otherwise is specially agreed upon. If this condition is violated, we reserve the right not to accept the incoming package; no refund will be issued in this case. Based on the carrier’s rules an abandoned package will either be returned to sender or disposed.
Unconditional returns: customized dresses
We cannot accept returns or exchanges for dresses made in custom size or with design modifications. These dresses were engineered and made just for you and they cannot be sold to another customer.
Returns: sample sale items
Please consider that all sample sales are final and we won’t be able to accept returns or refunds. Sometimes sale items may be brand new, but in most cases they have a history (like being a shop sample) and may have imperfections. The condition and history of the sample dress is provided in the product description. Any further alterations or repairs are to be done at your own expense. Please make sure you check the item details and sizing before purchasing.
Terms of refunds
In case of refund, we can be responsible only for the part that you paid to us. We will not be able to reimburse any additional costs or expenses, such as (for example) import duties or taxes in your country, transaction fees on your end, or any other third-party services.
Warranties and limitation of liability
We bear full responsibility for our products, including:
- Authenticity. We guarantee that all dresses that you see on our website are actual dresses designed and made by AlexVeil Bridal. All dresses for our customers are made in the same technique and of the same materials as original dresses you see in the catalog.
- Production time. Please note that for custom sizes production time is counted from the day when we receive all your measurements. If in process some measurements require double checking, or some other information is required from the customer, the production time may be extended respectively for the period that the customer took to provide updates.
- For standard sizes we guarantee that they match size chart provided in the product description.
- For custom sizes we guarantee that the dress will be custom-engineered and made according to the measurements you provide. Each ready dress is additionally checked to conform these measurements.
Please note that we cannot be responsible for:
- Accuracy of the measurements – that’s your part of the job. We provide detailed guidance on how to take measurements correctly, and we are always ready to help if any questions arise. However we cannot control this process. It is customer’s responsibility to make sure that all measurements are taken according to our standards and instructions.
Important notice: it is absolutely required that you/your tailor follow our measuring guide precisely, with no omissions or deviations. The tailoring techniques that we work in may be different from what your tailor had learned, and some measurements, even those having similar names, may have different meanings. Please NEVER accept arguments that your tailor knows better how to take certain measurements.
- Implementation of your ideas. While minor modifications to the original design are possible in many cases, it is customer’s responsibility to assess whether such changes will be suitable stylistically. For our part, we always recommend to choose the well-thought and balanced original designs, and not to request modifications unless you really need them.
- Work of delivery companies. Delivery estimations that we provide are based on our previous experience or the time declared by the carrier. However exact delivery time is beyond our control. We recommend planning your orders with enough time reserves.
In no case shall our company, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.